In real life, the actors who play those monsters look nothing like them. We collected some horror movie actors whose nice appearances were hidden under makeup! We bet you won’t recognize them in real life! Let us take a look at 12 of the most striking transformations actors underwent in horror movies.
Pennywise the Dancing Clown — Bill Skarsgård 1:13
Mama — Javier Botet 2:07
Dren — Delphine Chanéac 2:59
Samara — Bonnie Morgan 4:22
Pyramid Head — Roberto Campanella 5:01
The Creeper — Jonathan Breck 6:00
Michelle Crane — Danielle Bisutti 6:54
Jether Polk — Finn Wittrock 7:28
Twisty the Clown — John Carroll Lynch 8:12
Mary Shaw — Judith Roberts 8:53
Zombie — Xan Angelovich 9:19
Bride in Black — Tom Fitzpatrick 9:44
The Joker — Jared Leto 10:23
- The clown from It is famous for his demonic smile and the ability to show you your worst fears. We bet your worst fears look nothing like Bill Skarsgård, a 27-year old handsome actor from Sweden.
- People sometimes call Javier Botet the "Special Effects Man" because he can play roles that nobody else can. He played demons in Crimson Peak, The Other Side of the Door, and The Conjuring 2.
- As you can see from her elegant looks and name, Delphine Chanéac was born in France. She is not only a talented actress and model but also a writer and a DJ. She was already very popular in her own country for playing in sitcoms, but she became internationally famous after the release of Splice in 2009.
- One of the most popular horror movies of all times made you fear your TV set and unexpected phone calls for a while (it is okay to admit it). Samara became a true inspiration for your Halloween costume.
- Actor and choreographer Roberto Campanella played not only the role of Pyramid Head but also Colin the Janitor in Silent Hill. He also coordinated the movements of all the creatures and managed the actors who played them. Silent Hill is not the only famous horror movie Campanella played in – his most recent part was the organ playing clown in It.
- If you ever met Jonathan Breck in the streets of Houston where he was born, you would hardly tell he could be a monster which hunts for human body parts every twenty-third spring. But it was really him who played the Creeper in Jeepers Creepers.
- The Bride in Black in the second chapter of Insidious looks terrifying and super elegant at the same time. Well, at least her younger version does. The role was played by Danielle Bisutti.
- Finn Wittrock became popular thanks to the role of Damon Miller in ABC’s soap opera All My Children. In 2014, he started performing in American Horror Story. You can see him in the roles of Jether Polk, Dandy Mott, and Tristan Duffy. This fine looking gentleman received a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for his performance.
- John Carroll Lynch started his career as a theatre actor, but in the 1990s he changed direction toward the movie industry. He played in such movies as Zodiac, Mozart and the Whale, and Gothika.
- Judith Anna Roberts started her career in the David Lynch movie Eraserhead. However, she became truly famous after the role of Mary Shaw in Dead Silence.
- What a beautiful young lady! What a charming smile! Said no one ever about the bloodthirsty zombie Xan Angelovich in The Walking Dead.
- Tom Fitzpatrick is the actor who played the terrifying monster, who hunted people in the movies Insidious: Chapter 2 and Insidious: Chapter 3.
All these transformations are quite impressive, right? Click the like button if you agree.