- The big news out of the Budget is a $350 payment for 2.1 million people to dampen the cost of living crisis.
- The Government has also extended its 25c-a-litre petrol tax cut for a further two months, alongside half-price public transport, bringing them through August 2022.
- Health, as expected, is one the big winners with a $13.2b boost to health spending.
- A new media entity that comes out of RNZ and TVNZ's merger will get $327m from the Government.
- A change to child support payments will mean sole parents will get the full amount from child support.
- National Leader Christopher Luxon has described it as "the backwards Budget".
- The Government made $1.44b of pre-Budget announcements.
Stuff is New Zealand's largest and most popular news site.
With more than 500 journalists spread from Northland to Southland, we cover breaking news, politics, business, sport, crime, the environment, health, education, home and property, food, lifestyle, entertainment, weather, travel, technology, motoring, farming and much more.
As well as covering the stories of the day, we specialise in investigative journalism, opinion and analysis, and long-form writing and visual storytelling.